Re: Exploratory: Making musical instruments

---------

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 10:27:15 PDT

I have really enjoyed making clay whistles. Crismac has som good books. I
found a lesson on the web. I willhave to look at the site at school. We have
been able to obtaing different pitches by controlling size, thichness of
clay etc of each instrument. The kids love to create them into animals or
just decorative abstract type pieces. Many request to come in during recess
to make another. Requires little clay, alot of thinking time. I cut the
holes for my younger students, but I would teach 8th grade and up to cut
their own. Susan in Ohio