Regarding the "EARLY FINISHERS"

---------

From: jtowle (thetowles_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 11:46:20 PDT

I'm trying to come up with a folder of quick PAT activities (preferred art
time) for students to work on during those time that need filler
activities (ie..early finishers, lecture shorter than expected....) I've
read about several activities that would work: journaling, sketching, etc.

What I need are self-explanitory, one page motivators that will keep
students busy without my help. How about some one-pager creativity
exercises that would take 10 - 30 minutes to complete? Does anyone know
of a resource for such a thing?

Last year I did and ongoing 'doodle page'on which students filled a large
piece of white paper with detailed patterns and 'doodles' during those
moments of unexpected free time. They loved the idea, but I want a way to
make it a more meaningful and artistic experience. Any suggestions?

JT

---