Re: kinders!

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 06:11:20 PDT

Hi Susan, some things I do with Kinders are:
Fish bowls: ( wax resist with watercolor wash), Animal outlines (outline animals
with yarn), symmetrical animal color prints ( folded paper paint blot prints) Shape
robots ( cut paper collage using shapes) Paper construction of imaginary
playground. Rainbow paintings in landscapes, puppets, fancy headresses. I have also
had them make a book using the elements of art- one for each page, then bound them
together. Also, we do a tree for each season. ( paint), Family and self portraits.
I do circus and farm related work too. Last year, someone on the list suggested
birds in nests as a clay proj- which I did and was a big success. But, I used
plastiroc which I MUCH prefer for them, cleaner, air dries, etc, I had them place
them on a cardboard w/ their name
and painted them the following week. I really like plastiroc!
I know what you mean about developing lessons for them, they work at such different
paces. And they are always done in one or maybe two classes. ( some in 5 minutes)
If you want to know how I teach any of these, email me- I do jump right in with
elements and artists with them. I find that they can learn alot that year.
Betsy

Susan Holland wrote:

> Can we start a thread on lessons for kinders? It seems like mine go through
> lessons so fast and I always need
> more ideas for them! Here's one I tend to repeat with them (on an as needed
> basis!)

---