RE: First Five Minutes of Class

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 04:56:48 PDT

Joe,
    I do starters at the beginning of each subject (I'm a classroom
teacher). I do grade them, or the kids would blow them off and it gives
me more daily grades. If a child is absent, I don't have him/her make
these starters up unless the student is very weak in the skill being
reviewed or needs some strong daily grades to pull up his/her grades. We
use computer grade book that averages grades as you input the grades, so
I always know exactly where a student stands. I can but a code (Ex) and
the program figures that student without that grade.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert