First Five Minutes of Class

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 17:39:31 PDT

Hey everyone,
As I prepare for the new school year I come up with all these questions, so I come the great Oracle of arted and throw out the question and wait for the answer or many answers if lucky. My question this time is about the first five minutes of class. In Harry Wongs book he advises that a teacher has something for the kids to do when they first enter the class, for example a Math Teacher would put math problems on the board and English Teacher would put words to look up. Is this a common practice among Art Teachers and what are some of the ideas for an Art Teacher? I just reads Kathy in Kalamazoo's email on sketchbooks and how that is a part of her beginning of class procedures. Are their any other ideas out there?

How do you grade these exercises and how much of the students grade are they worth?

What about late students and students who are absent; are they allowed to make the work up?

And thanks for all the help everyone you make this time of year a lot easier.

Blessings
Joe Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---