Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: crayola vs. mr sketch

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 16:58:58 PDT

At the museum we used the class pack of crayola markers. They lasted a
long time on tables open for all to use. I stored them top down in a
can. Most colors lasted two exhibits (6 - 8 months). I would order all
my must haves for the year's exhibits and summer program and usually
that would reach my budget. Then I would ask SAX for a bid, and spend
the savings on extras including colors not included in the class pack of
markers (pastels, bold their special packages but not the special tips
that made different line patters those would never last, and not the
changeables those were impractical). The class pack lasted about 2 years
except for blues, black, brown, and green. SAX sold those colors in
packs of 12 I think, and we bought them the 2nd year of each class pack
because those colors would run low.
Kimberly Herbert