Art 1: HELP!...WHERE TO BEGIN!

---------

From: jtowle (thetowles_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 10:37:50 PDT

My 2nd year in a small district...I AM the High School art department.
Very LITTLE art exposure for students K-8. (They come to me never hearing
of art elements or a color wheel). There is NO art curriculum and last
year I just flew by the seat of my pants (YIKES!!!!) Where do I start?
What order should I teach for a year-long block scheduled ART 1 class?
Also semester long Drawing Class? I'm overwhelmed.

Please, oh seasoned professionals, help me out on this one. What do your
course outline/syllabus look like? Please share so I can get organized!

Thanks,
JT

---