3-d portfolio idea

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 08:38:35 PDT

This is an idea to facilitate the work of keeping prortfolio photos of 3-d
work. Maybe some of you do this. If so, I am sure you could add some
insight.

If you have a digital camera, it might work to ask the students themselves
to photograph and print a photo of each finished product.

They would learn about:
1. Lighting (subject-background tone and color contrast, soft or hard light)
2. Framing (horizontal vs vertical, finding best view, camera height, and
size)
3. Importance of a simple background (emphasis on the work - not the setting)
4. How to use a computer program that can optimize and print photos.
5. Importance of portfolio to record art and learning in art.

To get started, I might train one or two class members to help operate the
camera and others to help with the computer and printer. Eventually,
nearly every student would be able to do it alone.

---