Re: How to folder/portfolio

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 14:56:01 PDT

on 7/31/02 8:04 PM, Mrsbeeswax@aol.com at Mrsbeeswax@aol.com wrote:

> for Susan and others who do portfolios at the elementary level...
>
> How many students do you teach ?
about 750
> How many pieces do you keep in their portfolio each year ?
5-8 pieces
> Do you send these on to middle school ?
no. in my district art is an elective in MS and HS
> Do you cut down 12/18 paper in order to fit it in this 24/36 half folder ?
our portfolios are also 12x18 so, yes, i cut the paper down. our ISD has an
"electric knife" which can cut through 2 reams of paper at a time. i have a
parent helper do this at the beginning of the year.
> Do you include Photos of 3D work ?
no

> I often consider doing this with my students, but space constraints ,and
> upkeep logistics push this thought back down again.
i used to do portfolios at the beginning of the year but now i do them at
the end. i have to store the kids' finished art work in another part of the
building because of space limitations. so we can't get at it during class.

linda in michigan

---