Re: Do you have Help with Technology ?

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 19:37:30 PDT

We have 2 people in our building who are supposed to help us but they
aren't given a spare prep --I'm not sure about compensation?? They do try
to set up a couple of classes per year. Really you feel like you're
asking for an arm and a leg when you bother them--they're really nice, but
they need a time set up. Las VEgas schools took one person in each school
and made them the tech guy--it's a full time position, they clean and
repair parts and equip, help you install programs, help you with glitches
etc. Great help--but pretty costly for the district.

I was thinking about the Librarian position--I think it's going the way of
the IBM selectric--it's really a media position now and they need to be
computer and audio visual etc. guys much more of the time. The whole
concept of the little old lady librarian is disappearing...taken over
mostly by men...gaining new status and respect....I think I've heard of
this phenomenon before. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #