Re: School Travel Experts..need ideas.

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 15:39:47 PDT

Marsha:

Nancy Walkup and I use EF's sister company that is designed for adult
travel. They have proven exceptionally easy and professional. Last
year, Nancy and I took a group of 28 graduate students to London for a
week. Here's an example of how the company operated ...

When our hotel in London overbooked, the company put our entire group in
the Kensington Hilton, a hotel with rates of more than twice what we had
booked. When our bus to the airport was mistakenly boarded by another
group and left us at the hotel (ack!), the company paid for our entire
group to take individual taxis.

These were really the only two "burps" on the trip. We were assigned a
British travel consultant who had regular hours at our hotel. He helped
us locate out of the way places to eat, showed us where to buy discount
theatre tickets, booked tours, and all those sorts of things.

If EF is anything like their sister company, I can recommend them
highly.

A London/Paris trip might be fun for the age group you are talking
about. I believe EF books you on the Eurostar from London to Paris.
For kids who've never been on a train, this alone would be a great
experience.

Nancy and I are hosting a trip to Venice, Florence, and Rome next summer
... this time just for the fun of it ... no college course work
involved! And, we are using EF's sister company again.

Pam