Re: Do you have Help with Technology ?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 15:16:50 PDT

Boy is this a sore point with us in our district. Our powers that be are
"saving money" by not replacing our tech guy who left this summer. They
instead hired a guy who lives 50 miles away for 1 evening and Saturdays to
keep our computers up and running. He is a hardware guy, not a software guy,
so while our gradebook is down we have NO one to fix it. We have 2 new
administrators and 2 new secretaries - that pretty much covers our district!
One of the "go ask so & so" guys that we are supposed to rely on didn't know
how to make a shortcut on his desktop. Hmmm, going to be a long year! Lucky
for me tho, I have FANTASTIC classes - great kids, nice sized. :-)
~Michal

> What is your situation out there with this new learning curve. I suppose
> that many of you have a tech resource person in the building ????
> Our Librarian/Media person is lucky to put a cassette in the VCR right.
> What is your situation ?????
> Woody in KC

---