Do you have Help with Technology ?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 04:36:23 PDT

One of my ex students dropped by as I was setting up computers
and printers in my room yesterday. "What ya doin" after I told her,
she said, "don't they do all that for you." I began thinking about our
rush to provide technology without the support or training necessary
to do it effectively. When the art teacher knows more than the
computer teacher, and I'm really lost, it is sad. I helped new teachers
on my floor get preferences set to get on the internet. We have a
help desk to call with problems, but they are overwhelmed and give
us a work order number and schedule a tech person to come out
sometime. They don't have time to talk us through even the simplest
of problems. When I go to trainings I get the feeling that the trainer
just learned it last night as they fumble to show us how to do something.
What is your situation out there with this new learning curve. I suppose
that many of you have a tech resource person in the building ????
Our Librarian/Media person is lucky to put a cassette in the VCR right.
What is your situation ?????
                                                        Woody in KC
Eleven days till I see students.

--