Re: How Many Male Teachers ?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 20:24:16 PDT

We have 1 male elementary classroom teacher to 9 females. Middle school has
2 males/3 females. High school has 5 males/5 females. Specials 3 males/2
females. Special ed and paras are all female except the speech teacher. I
love the fact that our students really do get alot of interaction with male
teachers - this is more important in todays society than ever before.

Woody, I find it amusing that you have more teachers in your building than
we do in our district! *L*
~Michal

> I teach Middle School and noticed that several new teachers
> were men. I just wondered what the ratio in your schools
> was. It does tend to be more balanced (more males) as the
> grade levels go up. We have 35 teachers in the building and 14
> of them are male (40%). Many of our kids come from single
> parent families and need a positive male role model.
> What is the percent of males on your teaching staff ?
> Are you in an Elementary, Middle or High school ?
> Woody in KC

---