Re: Movement and the little guys...for Judy

---------

From: klmvisarts (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 17:00:42 PDT

kinetic exercise- tied to trees

Inspired by the famous trees- cypress, poplars, or local maple and oak (like
the ones out our huge new windows in the Early Childhood Center- fall in New
England)...

Imagine that your feet are the roots of a tree spreading out into the
ground, your tall body is stretching up like the trunk, arms reach up as
the big branches do, and don't forget the smaller branches swaying in the
wind.
Have a group that is fun to work with?
The wind is picking up...
Careful! Know your audience.

Maybe w/ a felt board with shapes that could be used as a review as they
make their art? Sometimes we have connected to literature- a la Shel
Silverstein's The Giving Tree.
Kerry