Re: Displaying student work

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 14:02:18 PDT

> Wow, Leah,
> Where do you find the space to hang work from 800 students? Not to
mention
> the time!! Do you have parents or assistants helping? Are you taping
stuff
> to walls (I've often thought I should take out stock in the masking tape
> industry) -- I'm just so impressed!!
> Liz in rural NY
> menichino@infoblvd.net

Thank you Liz, it's been a long time since I've impressed somebody! I do
have parent volunteers who put the work up, and take the work down. I do
all the mounting and special themed displays. It usually takes one day to
put up, one day to take down, and we leave it up for two days and have two
evening open houses. The district has display boards that the maintenance
dept. sets up for me in the halls. All the work stays on the first floor (we
have 2 floors) If we run out of room, we do tape some stuff to the walls.
We also have all the classroom teachers clear their cork strips by their
rooms for the show. Many of my colleagues even volunteer to put up their
students' art by their classrooms. I'm involved with the PTA, and they
usually appoint a co-chair (with me) to coordinate the hanging, dismantling
and even cookies and punch for the show.

Leah

---