Re: melting crayons

---------

From: Cristy Anspach (canspach_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 10:45:10 PDT

Be careful melting crayons with a hot plate. A dear friend of mine set
off the smoke alarm in her classroom and the fire department came -
lights, sirens, the whole works. It was about eight years ago and the
staff still makes jokes about not letting her have any cooking aparatus in
her classroom. In our little community, the fire department is all
volunteer, so it was all dads of our kids, called away from work. Big
time embarassment. I've got buckets of crayon stubs in my room, and I'm
still scared to melt any of them!

Cristy A

---