clean up song

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:12:28 PDT

OK, Elementary schoolers, what's with the "Clean Up
song?" It goes:
"Clean Up Clean Up Everybody Clean Up"
When I taught middle school last year in SC they would
bug me with that song. Now, in NC, 300 miles or so
away, they are doing it again!!!!!!!!
Is it a nationwide phenomenon?
I can picture it being cute as a button with
elementary kiddies, but in Middle school- NO WAY!
When I ask them to stop, they usually sing louder, and
beleive me, they don't need anything to make them
louder! I guess you elementary teachers can feel proud
to know that even if they don't remember how to mix
orange, they did remember something! ;)

Disclaimer* This is not meant to be a slam on any
elementary teaching practices, just a statement to
share one of my peeves as an art teacher. Another is
the way it feels when you wipe your hands on a dry
paper towel if you have pastel on them. YUCK!*

Jayna