A new version of a virus is out -- re: Gwen

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 14:58:31 PDT

I just searched the archives so I wouldn't embarrass any "Gwen" on
this lit.. No one with that name came up. I got a different message --
one about geometry-- spaces...Remember the Sacred Geometry thread? It
looked like it was on that topic. This new virus is smarter than the
other one "Take a look at this file..Tell me what you think"
deal...This updated version actually tells you what the file may
contain so you will want to open it.... I ran a scan on the e-mail
first --no virus-- Then just wanted to scan the attachment and POW! My
virus protection kicked in-- that is a first for me....so Norton does
work. I told it to delete it. (Of course, I ran a virus scan just to
be sure it was deleted completely).

Same old thing...Don't open any attachments unless you have asked for
them - doesn't matter who sent them. I will often write to folks first
and tell them I am sending an attachment. I always write safe
attachment in the subject....but I guess after a while folks won't
trust that either.... Like right now I have some images I think Bunki
will like...so I will write two email to her... And if anyone gets an
unwanted attachment from me...DO let me know (either personally or via
the list -- I don't embarrass easily -- so it is OK for the world to
know).

Judy Decker

---