For all interested in "Peace" Theme

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 09:41:29 PDT

I am giving you a compilation.....

Peace by Piece: The Freeing Power of Language and Literacy through the
Arts (artcile - long URL -copy and paste)
http://www.ncte.org/notesplus/Peacebypiece30236January2001.shtml

Another good article (coy and past URL if interested):
http://www.theage.com.au/education/20000524/A13730-2000May23.html

Edward Hicks: "Peaceable Kingdom" (I am using this with my 6th grade
Haitian art unit)
http://sunsite.dk/cgfa/h/p-hicks1.htm
http://www.reynoldahouse.org/peace.htm (music on this site)
http://www.csmonitor.com/durable/2000/03/03/p19s1.htm (critique)
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/images/P/peaceable.html (ArtsEdNet)

Horace Pippen - "Peace Mountain" (image no longer online -- but I have
it onfile)

Pablo Picasso: "War and Peace" (video) - Doves, hands with flowers,
Several major works.

James Wyeth's: "The Draft Dodger". (thanks Kevan!)

Edo Period- Japan (Getty lesson)
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Maps/eagle.html

Graphic Art of Jacob Landau
http://www.landauatgilettifineart.com/index.html "Jacob Landau's work
is inspired by prophets, humanist thinkers and romantic literature.
He sees the role of the artist as hero and prophet with a dedication
'to individual growth, to humanity and lire'."

BJ Berquist -- lots of links!
http://www.backflip.com/members/bjberquist/9639445

Kevan'a article:
http://www.art-themagazine.com/insite7.htm

My Viet Nam Links (at bottom of page):
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/vietnam.htm
This page was done for my husband..and came in handy for me when we
were requred to spend some time class time on Veterans' Day -- I also
sent it to a high school teacher for American History -- so it was
worth it!

The Peace Gallery:
http://www.peacegallery.wyenet.co.uk/
Site for young and old to submit their work.

"Let There be Peace on Earth"- song lyrics:
http://csrnet.org/reedwood/lyrics.html

Gregorian Chant http://www.analekta.com/site/cat.e/fl_2_3058.html

Mosiacs of Ravenna:
http://www.charta.it/guidarello/english/pace_e.html

Add anymore you may think of. I have a unit for 6th grade and one for
8th....Still thinking of what I will do with my 7th graders.

Judy Decker

---