Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

For all interested in "Peace" Theme

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 09:41:29 PDT

I am giving you a compilation.....

Peace by Piece: The Freeing Power of Language and Literacy through the
Arts (artcile - long URL -copy and paste)

Another good article (coy and past URL if interested):

Edward Hicks: "Peaceable Kingdom" (I am using this with my 6th grade
Haitian art unit) (music on this site) (critique) (ArtsEdNet)

Horace Pippen - "Peace Mountain" (image no longer online -- but I have
it onfile)

Pablo Picasso: "War and Peace" (video) - Doves, hands with flowers,
Several major works.

James Wyeth's: "The Draft Dodger". (thanks Kevan!)

Edo Period- Japan (Getty lesson)

Graphic Art of Jacob Landau "Jacob Landau's work
is inspired by prophets, humanist thinkers and romantic literature.
He sees the role of the artist as hero and prophet with a dedication
'to individual growth, to humanity and lire'."

BJ Berquist -- lots of links!

Kevan'a article:

My Viet Nam Links (at bottom of page):
This page was done for my husband..and came in handy for me when we
were requred to spend some time class time on Veterans' Day -- I also
sent it to a high school teacher for American History -- so it was
worth it!

The Peace Gallery:
Site for young and old to submit their work.

"Let There be Peace on Earth"- song lyrics:

Gregorian Chant

Mosiacs of Ravenna:

Add anymore you may think of. I have a unit for 6th grade and one for
8th....Still thinking of what I will do with my 7th graders.

Judy Decker