Back from summer vacation

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 13:34:12 PDT

Hi all,

Schools back in session (students start the 20th) and already I'm under
stress. They added nine classes to my schedule for this year!

*deep breath*

Summer was good though. I went to Dallas in June and met my current favorite
artist Terry Moore, who was in town visiting from Austin. (my wife loves him
too and was more excited than I was) He was very nice, visited with us even
though he was building quite a line and did a small on the spot sketch for
us. I only wish I had had an extra $300 so I could have purchased some of
his original art.

In July we went to Northern Iowa for a week. Beautiful country. I went to
see the Bily clocks in Spillville (http://www.spillville.ia.us/about.html)
and Frank Lloyd Wright's Cedar Rock house.
(http://www.state.ia.us/dnr/organiza/ppd/cedarock.htm)
Both are worth the trip if you live anywhere close. I have lots of pictures
of both and hope to post them soon.

Hope everyone else had a great summer as well,
Donald Peters
Lubbock, Texas