Displaying student work

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 05:39:18 PDT

Hi! I have over 800 elementary students, 33 classes a week, and I don't
hang every student's work for every project. I do, however, employ the
checkmark in the grade book every time I display a student's work, so that I
don't miss anyone. It may mean more to a student when they get their work
displayed if they know that not everyone, always gets their work hung. I
think self-esteem happens when they get genuine praise for a job well done.

On another note, I have an art show in which I used to show just one work
from everyone. Lately, some kids had two or more pieces displayed, just
for the sake of getting examples of all the lessons displayed. However, the
kids (and parents) were comparing their number of works (not quality) to
others. Sooooo, this year, I am carefully choosing two from everyone. BTW,
I keep track in my grade book, and I give a certificate to the student with
the projects listed, prior to the show.

Leah

---