Another Pop-up Ad- Zapper software

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 10:11:37 PDT

I heard back from another About.com representative -- this is another
recommendation:

"AdSubtract (free version) from www.adsubtract.com. I've now also
downloaded the new OPERA browser - FAST! and free and you can set it
to refuse to open extra windows and so it blocks pop ups"

This About.com representative has taken me seriously and is expressing
my concerns to their board..... About.com advertises on Channel One
(my kids see it every morning-- some of their ads are disturbing--
"Spy-Cam"! and others)...Maybe we educators can have a voice? Don't
hesitate to write to a Web master is you have a problems using their
site (but find the information useful).

I know once school starts, I won't have time for my "e-mail
campaign"--but I have set an example for my students...Maybe I can get
them to write an e-mail or two?

Judy Decker

---