funny collage story

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 12:47:32 PDT

I was introducing my collograph lesson- similar to
Woody's but we are doing "action" figures a la Keith
Haring- and I explained how making the collograph
plate was similar to making a collage.
One of my more animated sixth graders said:
"OOhhh! I HATE that word! Co-la-ECKH! Collah..UGH!"
And on and on and on......It was absolutely hilarious!
I have never seen anything like it. There are words
that make me shudder sometimes, like racial slurs and
other offensive words, but I mean this kid could not
get the word "collage" out of his mouth without
practically gagging! Believe me, he kept trying, too.
The rest of us were almost in tears!

Jayna