Re: fundraising for elementary

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 12:20:34 PDT

>What did you do for the kids that didn;t have their
artwork purchased -
di d
they
take it ok? Roberta

 All the grandparents that attended received their
grandchild's artwork whether they donated or not. Very
few didn't donate. We also had "have a picture with
your grandchild" booth and alot of them held up the
artwork when they had their picture taken.
 The problem that I saw was the kids that their
grandparents didn't come at all. I sent a short letter
to those, explaining about the fundraiser and their
grandchild's artwork. Some did respond but this was
after the fact and it wasn't the same thing for the
child. I think the real issue here was, if the
grandparent was available and didn't come, the
heartbreak was deep on many levels.
 We have a large display area in the office, I hung up
the children's artwork that wasn't taken for the month
following Grandparent's Day. The kid's love seeing
their artwork there for this area is reserved for
winners of contests, shows, etc. and student artist of
the week.
  Jan in Miami