For those interested in Art with transportation

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 09:41:08 PDT

Did anyone compile an entire list of posts about Art of Transportaion?
How about Art about Sports? How about Art about Flight?
(mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

Here is a lesson I found on KinderArt site:
http://www.kinderart.com/across/trans.htm
No author stated on this one so maybe by Andrea Mulder Slater?

Another artist to add to your list...is Mary Cassatt-- she has several
relating to transportation -- boating and drivng a carriage are two I
have on file.

William H. Johnson is one that kids might like:
Going to Church
http://www.northbysouth.org/1998/art/pages/galjohnson2.htm

Ferry Boat Trip http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/johnson/intro3.html
Ambulance on the Go http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/johnson/ambulanc.html
(Unit Lesson http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/johnson/intro3.html )

Judy Decker

P.S. Printmakers -- there is a nice reduction linocut by Johnson
online-- The URL was too long-- but it is the first University of
Maryland link
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/johnson_william_h.html

---