Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: N.E. Art teachers/Julie and Sue

From: klmvisarts (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 06:58:29 PDT

"I am thinking of organizing a group to get together next year maybe on the Cape. Everyone on the list could be invited but esp. those from this area."

Good to know there are at least a few of us (NE people) on the list. I suspect there are more! The Cape next year sounds good to me Sue! What do you think Julie?
"We need to organize and develop a system to promote art much the same way as the music departments do."
How about a television ad campaign like that of music ed? Every art teacher I know advocates to some degree at the local level. How about national attention for the importance of art education?