Re: artsednet virus

---------

From: M Ulakovits (msqu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 19:30:42 PDT

I received two viruses a couple of weeks ago. I opened one. It was a worm
called sir cam - bad dude. The other I deleted. It was a different one
though. I really can't say how they came to me. I had changed computers and
didn't realize this one did not have virus protection. It does now. Sir cam
is rampant and hard to get rid of. It rewrites your registry. It attaches
itself to files that have exe and it recyles. I incorrectly removed it using
anti virus program. It was removed but I could not open any programs. Since
the registry was modified, I couldn't open the registry to rewrite it. I had
to re install. I'm only partially up. I'm still cleaning up the damage. If
you think you have a worm or trojan horse or any viruslike entity, I would
go to McAffee ' s site or another to find out the names of the current
viruses. They often tell you the correct way to remove them.
Martha Ulakovits

---