Re: fundraising for elementary

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 12:54:53 PDT

 Two different versions of fundraising with the kid's
art (elementary) that I have done in the past that
were both successful: On Grandparent's Day each child
submitted one favorite artpiece, matted to be hung in
the cafeteria (where the function was held). If
wanted, the grandparents 'bought' or rather 'donated'
as it was to be called, $5.00 per piece. It was alot
of work because it was artwork from every student in
the entire school (K through 5th) but it was very
successful. The other version was for a 5th grade
fundraiser. Each 5th Grader submitted two pieces of
matted artwork (approximately 200 pieces) and
displayed in the 5th Grade hallway building. Anyone
that was interested submitted a form to me with the
student's name and amount they were 'donating'(the
minimum was $5.00). The artwork was kept up for one
month. The money received was split..half for the 5th
grade end of year activities and half for the art
department. I have never had a auction with their art
work..maybe I'll try it this year.
  Jan in Miami