Re: Advanced/Portfolio HS art curriculum

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 12:04:55 PDT

In a message dated 8/11/01 9:05:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mmolnar@theriver.com writes:

> Those of you that teach a class like this, what is
> the structure of the course? I was thinking of having a list of several
> project options for them to choose from:

The College Board is very specific as the contents of the portfolio but does
not dictate the themes or the media to use. Contact the "Board" to obtain
their guides and large posters that are given to each participant. On it will
be a brief description of the portfolio requirements. <A
HREF="http://www.collegeboard.org/ap/studioart/">AP Studio Art</A> or use
the URL below.

> Do any of you have some more specific information for me, or know
of a website or book I could go to?
http://collegeboard.org/ap/atudioart/

>Does anyone have a list of specific projects they have their advanced class
choose >from?

This is what we are working on now....Judie is trying to organize us.

I know that the greatest emphasis is on drawing from observation, My kids
passed last year and the year before, the portfolios with photography passed
over the drawing. So, it is unpredictable. This is why we are trying to put
our heads together.

Look for a Teachers Workshop offered around the country in the Fall.

Marsha

---