For Internet users -- Block Pop-up windows

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 11:59:48 PDT

Thank you Vivian for forwarding this information to me! It works!
I downloaded "POW" software from the Web site below...I tested it
using About.com (since they advertise on Channel One). I won't use
their sites at school as long as the pop-up windows are there (some
are suggestive about spying). The software blocked every ad.

POW! runs in the background on your Windows
95/98/ME/NT/2000 computer.
POW watches and waits for one of those nasty windows -- then closes
them immediately

POW! is a free program. No ads or anything.
It is also a tiny program and a quick download from:
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm

I am forwarding this information to our tech guys....I will let you
know if I get them to "listen".

Sensational Sunday!

Judy Decker

---