Re: Woody and all...(1895)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 06:13:24 PDT

PrimaryE@aol.com wrote:

> This is the eighth-grade final exam from
> 1895 in Salina, KS. USA. It was taken from the original document on file
> at the Smokey Valley Genealogical Society and Library in Salina, KS

Now I realize why my grandmother was so smart. She only had an
eight grade education. She taught school in Kansas until 1901 when
she had to quit because she got married. It was not proper for a
married lady to teach. I guess they didn't have a shortage of teachers
back then.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail