Advanced/Portfolio HS art curriculum

---------

From: Michelle (mmolnar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 11:08:06 PDT

Hello! This will be my third year teaching HS art, but my first year
teaching Advanced/Portfolio Development. I have gotten some great feedback
from some of you (THANK YOU!!), but I am still looking for something a
little more specific. Those of you that teach a class like this, what is
the structure of the course? I was thinking of having a list of several
project options for them to choose from: Project A or B, C or D, etc.
However, I am not sure what these options should be. For a portfolio, I
know they need to have the following: Self portraits (one drawn, one
painted) showing expression, observation drawings not from photos, 2 sense
of color works, one 2D design work, and that imaginary works are not
important? (Really?- does this mean abstract and surreal type works are not
valued?) Do any of you have some more specific information for me, or know
of a website or book I could go to? Does anyone have a list of specific
projects they have their advanced class choose from? I am looking for
something more specific as I am pretty clueless. Thanks in advance!!
-Michelle mmolnar@theriver.com

---