Re: AP themes

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 12:48:47 PDT

I have had students do the best in AP with themes of self
portraits, portraits, and figure drawing. Other strong
themes for my students have included perspective
studies,fractured images using cubism, color and design,
and manipulation the same image in various manners.

In IB, themes or concentrations have been human rights,
philosophy on women issues, abused children, women as
goddesses/images of strength, inner strength we all
possess / power within - struggling with anorexia,
experimentation with wheel thrown pottery, technology
encroaching the earth (pottery/mixed media), pressures
and influences upon women within society,visual messages
that make our choices difficult, photography: capturing
the essence of the soul, abstraction of nature, textures
and forms that coexist in life, secret places where we
seek our strength, photographs as an editorial to address
issues such as human wrongs, anatomy as a covering for
our spirit and strengths, pressure we feel to be picture
perfect, patterns, colors, and lines that go unnoticed in
life, empowerment of the female spirit, mazes and
puzzles, perceptions of the human eye, and the human wish
to ameliorate his or her own condition. These were some
of this past year's themes, but they could also have been
AP themes.

While I was at AP readings this year, someone was keeping
a list of themes. I'll see if I can get a copy of it and
post it.

~^~
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedyhttp://members.home.net/artzheart