auction student work for fundraiser??

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 06:06:31 PDT

I am toying with the idea of a silent auction of student work as a fundraiser.
If you have ever done this, I would like to hear about logistics and
considerations. I have about 200 elementary students, and my vague notion is
that I would ask students to choose one piece of work for a school wide show,
and offer them the option to put their art up for sale, with half the money
going to the student and the other half going into the art fund. Everyone will
have art in the show, but selling the artwork would be completely voluntary on
an individual basis.

If you've ever done anything like this, I would appreciate your input or a
description of your event. I am not sure how a silent auction works.

---