Re: Anyone with experience seeing 6th grade 2-3 xs aweek?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 19:04:13 PDT

First, I wish you luck on your article submission - I hope to see your
"published" work very soon! :-)
Second, I teach 6th twice a week for 25 min. periods. I plan on finishing
appx. 4-5 projects per semester. I have found that my students are not happy
with any project they don't get to spend time on. Our 6th grade is part of
our elementary school. I have several 6th grade projects on my site - King
Tut's mask (with metallic paint) and my silhouette lesson are by far the
most popular.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

<SNIP>My question is for anyone who sees their 6th graders 2xs a wk- about
how many
projects do you manage to finish by the end of the school year?
I am just trying to get a grip on how much my thinking and planning will
have
to change to fit this new adjusted schedule of more contact times per week.
Do I go deeper or do I get around more on diff. projects?
Comments welcome

---