Bulletin Boards

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 12:07:59 PDT

This is what I posted a few weeks ago....Geesh I just read the entire
post....I knew what it meant - but so many typos!...I hope you folks
all caught the gist of it. I will have to get that secretary of mine
to proof read better. Here I will just K.I.S. (keep it short)

>What I like to do at the start of the year is put
up bulletin boards that get folks to think about the world....our
purposes....kind of theme based...reasons for art. I have frequently
used the Take 5 art prints to show how artists communicate similar
themes in different ways (I think Pam and Nancy put those together?)

The "virus" I wrote about at the end of that post was the "human
virus" of spreading peace....We can all become "human viruses" and
spread peace once school starts. (I was called a "human virus" once--
for doing something I didn't do, of course -- Oh well - broad
shoulders- take the blame - So now I am being a "human virus" in a
good way). Remember the theme B.J. has been posting "Blanket the World
with Peace"?

Judy Decker

P.S. the Keys bulletin board idea posted earlier isn't entirely
"original" on my part -- below is the private message I got fomr
Jeannie:

> My theme is "Keys to success in Art" and put up my
> class expectations next to skeleton keys. The word ART
> will be on a master lock with a key opening it up with
> a rainbow of colors coming out. Whatcha think about
> that? :) I like it. I dreamed it up. I dream up most
> of my bulletin boards. :)

Now-- if you live in Georgia- you can't use the idea this year since
it was Jeannie's, first (smile).

---