Dover art stickers

---------

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 12:05:30 PDT

Hello everyone,

I guess it's my turn to contribute an idea. Someone
mentioned dover stickers and making them into art
pins. That sounds like a wonderful idea. I love
stickers, I have a sticker collection that fills up
one and a half 100 page photo albums. I found the
dover art stickers about 5 months ago and started
collecting them for myself. About a week ago, while
trying to come up with ideas for this coming school
year, I realized that they would be great for having
my students start their own art collection. I plan to
have my students make a small book/album that they
will keep their art collection in. The front on the
book will have a small mat, big enough to frame a
postcard, attached to it. I plan to leave one side of
the mat open so that a postcard can easily be slipped
into the mat. It will also make it possible for the
students to change the postcard it they want to. I
will start off the year by letting each student choose
one postcard for the front of their album. The
sticker reproductions will have to be earned
throughout the year. Students will receive points or
stars for good behavior. Once they have a certain
number of stars they will be allowed to exchange them
for a work of art. The better they are throughout the
year, the more art they will have in their collection
at the end of the year. I would be glad to hear
everyone's thoughts and suggestions on this.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Hutts