Re: special needs children

---------

From: Allison Turri (turria_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 17:15:26 PDT

Yes, I have 11 of these students an hour a week myself. We do a lot of
hand over hand type things. Mine are functioning on a variety of levels,
the hightest being probably about like a 3 year old.
We do things like sponge printing-I put tempera on a cookie sheet, dip the
sponge in the paint and then helo them to print on the paper. While I am
doing this, I have the aids helping with something like a coloring sheet.
We do a lot of things that they have to only glue together-I have cut oout
the pieces already.

They absolutely adore the Baby Van Gogh video. they truly beg for it, and
most can not really talk! I will be glad to help, just email me at
turria@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us

---