Re: Bulletin boards

---------

From: Denise Tanaka (dartist25_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 17:05:15 PDT

Hi-

these are a few ideas I have from my room that are posted all around, and
not just as a central focus:

1. I've bought postcards with actual artists photos (there are a lot of
really nice b/w pics out there!) and I'll have their artwork laminated
along with the postcard....next to that will be either a quote, I'll pose
a question, or possibly a few hints on who the artists is/what he/she does
depending on the artwork, or go into critical thinking questions about he
artwork. Nothing too heavy, just something to get them looking and
thinking-and it's interesting to put a face to the artist's artwork,
...... This won't be classwork, but posted on the walls for in between
class, etc.

2. An Art Student of the Week....included would be a photo of the artist
with thier artwork/s and anything else they'd add...maybe artist quotes,
what inspires them, etc.

3. I also post opticall illusions on the side door where kids from other
classes pass by....every day I get many kids walking by trying to figure
them out, or asking their art class friends. Then I see kids who've had my
class giving them tips on "how to see" them. Just watch that they don't
stand there through the passing period and are late for class, which
happens often. (but I guess that's their responsibility, huh?)

hope these help!

Denise

---