Re: Bulletin boards

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 16:30:20 PDT

CastinPhan@aol.com wrote:

> I would like to hear
> some other ideas on bulletin boards. What do you put up in your
> classroom? Does it revolve around a theme? I am looking for
> new ideas for my boards.
> Thanks

Sal,
        I plan to start my displays in my room around the artists I name
my tables after. I want to give my students a serious shot of art
history right off the bat. We will build on that by having them design
things for the room to reinforce those eight artists.
        Outside the classroom, I try to sell my program to the rest of the
building (educate them) as well as show off my students. I build a lot
of displays that try to explain the concepts or the process behind the
work. I might include books, photos, tools, ect. with the art.
        Here is a display I built around a neat quote about crayons someone
posted last year:
        http://www.taospaint.com/CrayonQuote.html
Here is one build around vocabulary:
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/WallOfWords.html
I got the idea (again) from this list when somebody mentioned they
had a wall of words. You can get a lot of good ideas from the folks
on this list. My best advice is to keep reading and post your thoughts
as well. And for bulletin boards, use them to promote your program
and make sure the look as if they were done by an artists. I'm always
taking other teachers boards (they ask me to) cause their stuff looks
tacky and we always have more stuff to put up. When you see them
sweating over what to display, just say: "I'd be glad to do that board
this month."
                                        Have a great year, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail