Re: Goals for art history

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 16:33:45 PDT

Please check this site:
        http://www.mcnayart.org/nds2001/
It is about the National Docent Symposium being held in
San Antonio, Texas in October. A few years back I was
privileged to attend one of these symposiums with three
docents from the Nelson Gallery (Kansas City). We gave
a presentation about a program my students were involved
in. There were about 500 docents from all over the country.
I was very impressed by the quality of commitment these
volunteers showed. (mostly white ladies over 40) I gained a
new appreciation for the hours of work they put in to make
the museum experience better for all of us. I suggest that
you check out this organization as part of your research
on how to train these great folks who volunteer their
time and talent. Better yet go to San Antonio. I understand
that it is a great city to visit.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail