special needs children

---------

From: christine kotarsky (natu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 17:37:40 PDT

This coming year I will be teaching a small group of about 6-8 special needs children. The 2 assistants and the teacher will be in the room. The children range in disabilities and age. some are autistic, downs syndrome, and language and speech disabilities.

Has anyone worked with such children before and if so can you please give me some advice as far as what to teach them and what to expect.
Thanks in advance, Christine

---