Re: Scholastic Art Show- Ohio Region

---------

From: Joe Applebaum (Joe.Applebaum_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 20:49:42 PDT

Judy,
This site is only from Westlake high school (what they got in, I don't if these are national awards or local gold keys that were sent national. If they are national it is an amazing thing to get three pieces in. Westlake has a very good art department and support from admin.) Anyone looking for info can search under Scholastic Writing and Art awards. In the Cuyahoga county region it shows up under the Cleve. Institute of Art. A simple check on a browser will help you find it. (Just a bit of bragging but my student was the top ranked student this year in our region, and even more amazing to me is last year she ranked second without a portfolio!) We had one student with a national gold key sculpture and one with a national silver key photo portfolio ( they only give 1 national gold key photo port and 30 silver photo ports.) Judy - you said I should brag so here is a partial one for everyone.
If anyone wants any specific info on scholastics and can't find it, email me and I will see what I can do.

Joe

---