Re: Need HS portfolio ideas

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 18:43:18 PDT

Many colleges and especially Art Institutes around the country publish
brochures listing what they require in a portfolio. A good place to get
these is at one of the National Portfolio Days that are scheduled around
the country. The one here in Atlanta is in November every year at the
Atlanta College of Art. Different art schools around the country hosts
National Portfolio Days with about 30 art schools attending, and high
school students are invited to have their portfolios reviewed. A great
place to pick up art school catalogs. Check out their website at
www.npda.org for a schedule and possible websites for various schools
around the country. Marsha, in Florida the Ringling School of Art and
Design in Sarasota www.ringling.edu might be a good place to look. I know
the Memphis College of Art www.mca.edu used to publish a pretty extensive
brochure on portfolio requirements.

Good luck.

Judie

>I want to give my Art 3-4's a definitive list of art that they should include
>in a portfolio that will be used for higher education interviews. Can you HS
>teachers suggest what you find is necessary to show a well rounded portfolio.
>I don't mean media choices. I hope most of my students can show proficiency
>in a variety of media. What I am looking for are more specific assignments
>that have content.
>
>Thanks a bunch,
>Marsha

---