internet charter schools

---------

From: L. E. Horvath (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 06:59:45 PDT

Leah,
In Ohio we have had ECOT, an internet charter school, for a year now. My little brother "attended" it last year, and will do so again this year. My parents have had good and bad experiences with it, but are optimistic about it being a soloution for them. (my brother is EXTREMELY distractable, needs to get up and move frequently, etc; ie, they feel a typical classroom setting would not work well for him)
I believe Ohio is getting a second internet charter school this year - I feel that it can be a soloution for some, just like any school - public, private, or charter.
By the way, I teach at an inner-city secondary charter school ("'brick and morter"), currently entering its 2nd year.
-Lydia de Toledo

---