Such debauchery!

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 05:24:40 PDT

I've had a busy few weeks with my mask characters, and have fallen way
behind with ArtsEdNet...almost 600 unread messages in my inbox. I've been
doing a bit of performance art with the mask characters. (Thanks to Judy
Decker for hosting a site with a few examples of my masks:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/markalex.htm )

The wood nymphs are slow and wise, hunched over hand carved canes in their
dusty feathered tunics, and passing out fortunes and truisms. Great response
from the crowds at music festivals and carnivals.

The lion springs and bounces through the crowds, sometimes stalking,
sometimes hugging, sometimes running for his life when the little children
pull his beautiful tail.

Dionysus goes to the dances and continuously flirts and dances with the
girls. Such debauchery!

I'm going north to Williamstown MA for a couple weeks, with a planned
weekend at Bread & Puppet, in Glover VT. So I'll unsubscribe from ArtsEdNet
till school starts, and things'll get back to "normal."

Forward....
Mark

---