Ice-Breakers

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 17:38:50 PDT

I just saved the Ice-breakers web page to file-- and found this
Ice-breaker post in my folder from another list member. I see
Carolyn's name on.

Ice Breakers:

I just came back from a workshop for high school Arts teachers
(including drama, music, and visual art) and we had a GREAT
icebreaker. They had large pieces of Kraft paper or the brown
wrapping paper.

Instructions: Find someone you do NOT know and the two of you work on
this together. First one person lays down on the paper with just
their upper body on the paper...the other person uses a large marker
and draws around that person...not close enough to get marker on their
clothes. Then they swap. Then they cut out the shapes of the other
person...and using the marker they have to find out 10 facts about
that person and write them on the paper.

Well...naturally the visual arts people did better...because we all
"drew" our facts in pictures or symbols and the others wrote their in
words...

It was really neat...some had dogs drawn on the paper for their pets,
some had palettes and brushes with dripping paint, one drew a NC map
outline and put a dot to indicate which city the person was from...one
drew a "father, mother, and two children" very basically and added the
names....and so on...

A good idea...I have hundreds more from an "ice breaker workshop" I
once attended... Carolyn Roberts

---