Re: subs

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 13:59:45 PDT

 This is a sore spot for me...subs. My principal does
not supply subs for music, art or p.e. When we are
absent there is no class. My kids always ask me..we
didn't have art...where were you? I feel so bad that I
rarely take a day off. My principal has absolutely no
budgeting skills! We run out of sub money half way
through the year and guess what... 'special' area
teachers and paraprofessionals are used to sub many,
many times. Last year we had an uprising of parents
because of this but it didn't seem to make any
difference in the long run. >:-(
   Jan in Miami