Re: First Day of School Ice-Breakers

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 13:56:37 PDT

> from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us)

>> Here are some ideas that might be a great way to start the year.
>> ICEBREAKERS:
>> http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/lesson196.shtml
>>
>> Nineteen activities will help students get to know
>> each other and feel more comfortable in their new
>> environment. Scroll down for even more first day
>> activities.
> ***********************
> Here is a good website for icebreaker activitives for the first or second
> day. My librarian set this to me and I think it might be useful to some of
> the newer teachers who might be a little nervous starting the first
> day...(or an old bat like me who STILL gets antsy that first day).
> Toodles.....Bunki

There are some really neat ideas on this list, even for us old bats.
I usually give a questionnaire to my Advanced and AP Students to try to get
an idea of their interests and how I can best serve those interests. This
year I think I will add the postcard idea. I'm going to get some "arty"
postcards, ask them to fill in a name and address and in the message part a
reminder of what it is they love about art. (I won't tell them my intention)
Then sometime during the year when they get frustrated or start slacking I
will send them their words for why they love to make art and some
encouragement on my part.

---